Monday, July 28, 2014

Jessica's Book Club Invitations

Jessica had the NOVEL idea to start a local book club - that meets at a local bookstore! What's just as exciting, is that she chose my local small business to create handmade invitations to send to all the readers! She described an autumn-themed color palette with geometric shapes and hints of water color for her design.

Here's what I came up with:





I fell in love with these before I even finished the first one! Each invitation was watercolored by hand with soft grey strokes; then, the text was hand punched and adhered along with hand-cut itty bitty triangles. I love the combination of soft watercolor lines and the edgy feel of the triangles - and of course I love anything with that gorgeous gold glitter.

Bravo, Jessica, for encouraging us to remember to READ, and supporting local business! Thank you so much! How could anyone refuse to attend after getting that in the mail?

Do you have a fun, unique need for invitations or other paper goods? June Cat knows how to help! :)

Thanks for reading!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment